Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:57:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Tom C. Skjei" <tskjei@rstcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bettering NFS Performance

Hello,

I'm looking for tips on how to increase the performance on a FreeBSD
host dedicated entirely to providing NFS services.  More specifically,
this box runs FreeBSD 2.2.6-Beta, has a Pentium II (233 Mhz) cpu, two 9
Gb scsi drives, 128 Mb of RAM, and an Intel EtherExpress Pro/100+ PCI
network card.

For the most part, the cpu is idle, and I want to configure it to make
full use of all its unused resources.  I imagine this will entail making
some changes to its cache size, the number of nfsd daemons, etc.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
TOm SKjei