Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2020 13:16:34 +1100
From:      Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba version in ports

> On 14 Mar 2020, at 12:56 , Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au> =
wrote:
>=20
> By the way, the current Samba stable release is 4.12.0 (one week old) =
and 4.11.0 was released last September.  Is there some particular =
incompatibility with FreeBSD that is keeping these out of Ports?  I got =
quite close to trying to build the newer version myself, but then the =
problem went away...

OK, I've just had a closer look at the several-dozen patch files, and =
tried a couple of compilation attempts at 4.11.7, and concede that =
getting this into shape is more work than I have time for today.  Sigh.  =
Best of luck to the maintainer.

Cheers,

Andrew Reilly
M: 0409-824-272