Date:      Sun, 24 Jul 2011 04:38:23 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Ross <basarevych@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange errors

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 01:15:29PM +0300, Ross wrote:
> I see many:
> kvm_open: kvm_nlist: No such file or directory
> in my error-log
>
> what is that? I searched this list and also googled but wasn't able to
> find anything on this matter.
>
> I am running site on Pimcore. Every time the site is accessed new
> lines are added to error.log.

Have you recently rebuilt world/kernel on the system, or rebuild kernel
but not world?

If so, there may have been changes to the KVM structure within libkvm or
the kernel that could be manifesting themselves by showing anomalies of
this sort in userland applications.  Most commonly this shows up in
utilities like "ps" or "top", both of which use libkvm.

I'm not familiar with "Pimcore".  If this software links to libkvm, you
may need to rebuild the software to keep in sync with any KVM or kernel
changes.

| UNIX Systems Administrator                   Mountain View, CA, US |