Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:28:30 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        ankit b <ankitb123@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 01:56:46 +0530, ankit b wrote:
> 1) How to learn FreeBSD internals ? (FreeBSD 10)

There are various ways, and you need to find the way that works for you.
In most cases, _using_ FreeBSD is an excellent way to learn it. Dive
into the parts which are interesting to you. There are also several
books which might be interesting. The most prominent one probably is
"Absolute FreeBSD" by Michael W. Lucas. Another one is "The Design
and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System (2nd Edition)"
by Marshall Kirk McKusick, George Neville-Neil, & Robert N. M. Watson.

https://www.nostarch.com/abs_bsd2.htm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321968972

I could even recommend "older books" like "The magic garden explained.
The internals of UNIX System 5 release 4." by Benny Goodheart & James
Cox, which contains many aspects you'll also find in FreeBSD.

There'a also "The FreeBSD Handbook" which you can find installed
locally, or online:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/

Also consider the manpages an excellent learning source: Unlike
many Linusi, FreeBSD has very good documentation: system programs,
configuration files, kernel interfaces, library calls, procedures.
All this information is available locally or via the web interface
for manpages.

> 2) Can we able to write scripts for automation like linux flavors ?

There are already several scripts present that automate things.
Well known are the "BSD Administration Scripts" available from
the ports collection. Many other things are already "scripted",
like the rc.d mechanism.

> 3) What to do for FreeBSD expertise ?

Use it. And see answer #1's preface. :-)

> 4) Is there any certification available ? If Yes, How ?

Here is one example:

http://www.bsdcertification.org/

Do a web search for "FreeBSD certification" and see which are
interesting for you, especially when you want to find something
that is available in your region.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany