Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 13:31:55 -0700
From:      "Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse" <jdw@wwwi.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Trap 12/supervisor read, page not present

At 11:48 PM 6/13/96 -0700, David Greenman wrote:
>   That's just about the most generic error that you can experiance. It's
>caused by anything which references a bogus pointer in the kernel. You need to
>provide MUCH more information about the crash. The complete trap information,
>info about which routine the trap occurred in (via the kernel namelist) or
>(better) a symbolic traceback if this is available.
>   Just saying that you had a "trap 12" is not useful other than to say that
>you're having a problem of some kind.

My mistake, I didn't have a copy of the dmesg on my hands at the time.
Here we are:

fault virtual address	= 0x0
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xf019ab26
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 22777 (sh)
interrupt mask		= net tty bio
p\M^?\^Cge fault

And here's the surrounding bits from the kernel:
f019a818 T _pmap_is_referenced
f019a9ac T _pmap_is_modified
f019ab74 T _pmap_clear_modify
f019acc4 T _pmap_clear_reference
f019ae14 T _pmap_copy_on_write

I will work on getting a symbolic trace, but I presently don't have
that info.

Hope this makes it more clear what is going on.

Later,
Jeff