Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2011 05:27:31 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Errors during Upgrade netpbm-10.26.64_4 to netpbm-10.35.80_2

--BVXm2WAry1WzRMtx

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 02:20:07PM +0200, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> Does your transcript miss stderr?

Not as such -- it was captured via script(1); I merely excerpted what I
thought were relevant or representative parts: the whole thing was
around 120KB (1772 lines), which seemed to have too low a
signal-to-noise ratio for my tastes. :-}

> THe current graphics/netpbm port does not compile if there's an older
> version of netpbm installed

That would seem to indicate that upgradiing (per se) is not possible,
and that a /usr/ports/UPDATING entry might be warranted, IMO.

> - /usr/local/include/pm.h from the older
> netpbm takes precedence over the port's lib/pm.h but misses some macros
> (well, it's an upgrade...) as PM_GNU_PRINTF_ATTR(a, b) which then confuse
> the compiler.
> pkg_delete -f the old netpbm and re-install the port, worked for me.

Cool; I'll try that shortly: thanks!

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--BVXm2WAry1WzRMtx

--BVXm2WAry1WzRMtx--