Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:46:28 -0700
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@piquan.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcc295 and -march

Every now and then, I come across a port (currently lang/clisp) that
requires gcc 2.95.  That gcc doesn't support the -march=athlon flag,
which is set from my CPUTYPE in /etc/make.conf.

I was going to see if I could write a patch to downgrade CPUTYPE
depending on the value of USE_GCC, but wanted to see if somebody more
knowledgeable than I had any thoughts on the matter first.

joelh

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@piquan.org
   Fourth law of programming: