Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 1997 09:33:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape drive device names

> 	i posted yesterday asking about device names for SCSII tapes. I have yet
> 	to recieve any information.
>
> 	I have read the Jandbook, and Ican't figure it out from there could
> 	some knowledgable person please tell me what the device name for my HP
> 	DATA drive at SCSII ID 3 on my first and only SCSII controler should be?
> 	It is BTW the only device on the SCSII bus except the controler.

Try "man 4 st".  Without the special action of wiring down the tape
in your kernel config it will be tape 0, i.e., st0.  The names of
the devices and their usage is at the bottom of the st(4) man page
- they are devices such as /dev/rst0, /dev/nrst0, etc.

If it isn't showing up in the probe you have a different problem.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936