Date:      Wed, 24 May 2006 16:56:50 +0200
From:      Frank Steinborn <steinex@nognu.de>
To:        Michel Gravey <michel.gravey@7ici.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about MPSAFE network stack disabled

Michel Gravey wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I'm runnning a 6.1 release, installed first as 5.3 release in the past.
>
> Your trick does fix the warning (removing debug.mpsafenet line in
> loader.conf).
>
> Since I'm using pf, does the bug you mentionned still be in the 6.1 release
> (don't think so but I prefer to ask ?)
>
> Thanks again for your help,
>
> Michel Gravey

The bug is not fixed yet. However, you only need to set
debug.mpsafenet to 0, if you use the "group" and/or "user" filter
parameters in your pf.conf. If you don't need filtering of user/groups,
just leave debug.mpsafenet out of your loader.conf and it's okay.

However, I depend on user/group filtering and had to set
debug.mpsafenet too, so I get the same warning at bootup. I really
don't see any noticeable problems with performance in cause of that,
so you are safe to leave it in. The warning-message is not so bad as
it seems, just don't worry.

HTH,
Frank