Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:13:05 -0400
From:      "Martin Gignac" <martyg@sympatico.ca>
To:        "John Telford" <j.telford@sympatico.ca>, <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Macintosh access to FreeBSD over TCP/IP ??

I second Martin Welk's message and suggest you take a look at Netatalk.
After compiling in NETATALK support in the kernel (a breeze) and installing
the netatalk port, I just read the documentation that came with the port and
got it running in a couple of minutes. It's really that easy...

Now all the Macs in our company can see the Macintosh 'shares' I've setup on
FreeBSD. I've put Macintosh documents and applications on the FreeBSD
machine and I've had no problems lauching and using them.

-Martin