Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:30:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sire Lancelot du Lac <lancelot@slow.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD description in the UNIX FAQ

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

> > > Try to forget. In comparison with FreeBSD today the patchkit was like doing
> > > your own dental work without the benefit of drugs
> >
> > Hey!  I wrote the patchkit!  Be kind!
>
> Hey, you only build the patches 'once' and didn't have to deal with it
> on a regular basis.  But, kudos do indeed go to Terry for at least
> getting us started down the road to more 'organized' patches, which up
> till that point had been pretty random.
>

> Nate

All this is very interesting and I admire what the patchkit did for all of
us back in the days of 386BSD, but my point was this:

Can someone from the core team write a new description for FreeBSD and
submit it to the maintainer of the UNIX FAQ (tmatimar@isgtec.com). Many
UNIX newbies will start by reading this FAQ and right now, FreeBSD looks
like just a patch on jolitz' work. Free advertising is a Good Thing(tm)
for FreeBSD.

Happy holidays to the core-team and all FreeBSD contributors!

Thanks again for a great OS!
--
Christian Doucet       lancelot@slow.net            work: +1 514 728 1618
Freelance "Sysadmin-Programmer-UNIX-Internet" guru! home: +1 514 728 1618