Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:20:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problmes with Soundblaster 16 pci getting commonplace and noend

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> >   Why should I stop complaining ? I will do it as loud as I can
>
> That's certainly a good way to get yourself killfiled.  Complaining
> without putting any effort in to fix the problem you're complaining
> about isn't a good thing to do.
  As I already have had many occasions to say the same: I do not like
  to be blackmailed . I also know how kill file works in case you
  feel it is neccessary just use it.
> Out of interest, are you able to test the card in question with a 4.0
> system?
  No due to 2 reasons:
  1) I do not like upgrade procedure to 4.0
  2) It is to far for me to upgrade just for soundcard's sake.You
     on your own have said that you have managed to get it running.
     Why should I not ?

> >    As for the suggestion to write it by myself : why not ? Later . I
> >    will need pointers to some documentation just RTFS is uncultivated
> >    way imho. Do you know some places where it is described.
>
> No.  But you were the one implying writing such a driver is easy, why
> should you need my help?
  I do not meassure easiness by absence of questions.