Date:      10 Dec 2004 14:08:27 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: copying to a MP3 reader ?

Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr> writes:

> My daughter has a Iriver 380 T MP3 reader/encoder and I wonder if it
> would be possible to copy some MP3 files to her reader from FreeBSD ?

Probably; I don't know anything about that model, but some iriver
models definitely seem to have umass(4) support, in which case you
should be able to just mount the device as a USB hard disk, as
described in the Handbook.

Check your daughter's user manual.  Or just try it; if I were to place
a bet on it, I'd bet that the device will be supported just fine.