Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:52:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel NIC

> >I run the Intel Etherexpress in full duplex without any problems.
> obviously not the one that has the error. Are you paying attention?

Of course I do, I just wanted to point out that you are generalizing. "The
Intel Etherexpress does not work on FreeBSD" is not true - it works for
me. There are SOME cards that don't work.

> >Have you contributed the fix to FreeBSD? I think I know the answer.
> I passed on the info to DG on how to fix it. Work I do belongs to my
> company because they pay me to do it. I know few of you understand that, So
> unless you want to attach the "copyright Emerging Technologies" to the
> driver you cant use it.

Now I really don't understand you. You demand others to work for you for
free ("Hey I have this problem, everybody listen up and immediately start
working on fixing it! Hey, nobody listens, so FreeBSD sux, Linux rox!")
You don't want to contribute anything back yourself (you or your company).
So you expect others to do what you don't want to do yourself. Is that
correct?

Yes, I also work for a company (an ISP) and all the work I do on FreeBSD
(or other projects) *is* being contributed back to those. We use FreeBSD
(for free, obviously) and we "pay" for it by contributing back what little
we can.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@amis.net, http://home.amis.net/blaz/
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia