Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 03:31:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?zam?= <zam4ever@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Cc:        zam4ever@yahoo.com
Subject:   Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation Using Dummynet

Hi,
Currently my place using dummynet to distribute the
bandwidth allocation among users.
In my network, we have 42 VLAN, and in dummynet
configuration we divide these LANs to 3 big groups.
Let say A,B and C. By using cron daemon, we have set
up 3 configuration files namely peak.conf,
off-peak.conf and evening.conf. This file will be
rotate in respective time like in crontab. Take a look
at this sample of bandwith allocation during
evening.conf:

Group A - 700KBps
Group B - 1500KBps
Group C - 800KBps

Let say Group A using 70% of the bandwidth, and at the
same time, Group C utilize 100% of the bandwidth, is
there any ways to make sure that the balance of group
A (30%) will be given to Group C?

cheers
zam