Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:16:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Quincey Koziol <koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   balsa port problems

Howdy,
    I'm having problems getting the balsa port to build/re-build.  I had
balsa-1.3.6 installed and attempted to upgrade it with 'portupgrade -rR balsa',
which failed due to whining about the LDAP library being missing (although I
had openldap installed).  So, I deinstalled balsa with 'pkg_delete -dr
balsa-1.3.6' and attempted to re-installed it with 'portupgrade -rRN balsa',
but still no go.  :-(
    So, I rebuilt the openldap port with 'portupgrade -f openldap' and attempted
the install balsa again with 'portupgrade -rRN balsa', but now its failing with
the following problem:
.
.
.
creating libtool
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd4.6
checking for prefix... /usr/X11R6
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking for ispell... /usr/local/bin/ispell
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sysexits.h... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for sys_siglist declaration in signal.h or unistd.h... yes
checking size of long... configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling
configure: error: ./configure failed for libmutt
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/mail/balsa/work/balsa-1.3.7/config.log" including the
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
      to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an
      `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/balsa.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade61214.0 make
** Fix the problem and try again.
** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (*:skipped / !:failed)
    ! mail/balsa    (configure error)

    I've made the complete output from 'portupgrade -rRN balsa' available at:
        ftp://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/pub/outgoing/koziol/balsa.out

    The config.log generated during this process is available at:
        ftp://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/pub/outgoing/koziol/config.log

    The output from 'ls /var/db/pkg' on my system is at:
        ftp://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/pub/outgoing/koziol/pkg.ls

    Let me know if anyone needs more information or actions and I'll be happy
to help out.

    Thanks,
        Quincey Koziol
        koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu