Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:48:16 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Yamada Ken Takeshi" <ken@tydfam.jp>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q) gnome-session 2.18.0 on -current

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:45:42 -0500, Yamada Ken Takeshi <ken@tydfam.jp>  =

wrote:

>   I upgraded to gnome 2.18 using Marcus's ports on -current.
>   Most of the programs were compliled successfully with gcc42,  =

> xorg-7.2.r3_4.  However, I cannot start gnome-session with the followi=
ng  =

> error message.
>
> gnome-session
> SESSION_MANAGER=3Dlocal/tyd3.sub.tydfam.jp:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1200
> Failed to get dbus-daemon's pid
> ** ERROR **: file gsm-dbus.c: line 118 (gsm_dbus_daemon_start):  =

> assertion failed: (dbus_daemon_pid !=3D 0)
> aborting...

Are your dbus running?

http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#full-gnome

>   By eliminating files/patch-gnome-session_gsm-dbus.c and recompile it=
,  =

> it started, but it was veeeerrrrry slow and was incomplete - window  =

> manager looked not starting.
>   Also, I have a problem with libxklavier-3.1,1 under xorg-7.2.r3_4, i=
t  =

> complained miss match of program versions.

What error? We don't have any of xorg 7.x in our ports tree, so talk wit=
h  =

the xorg maintainers that who are working on the xorg development if the=
y  =

provided test patches or whatever.

Cheers,
Mezz

>   Are there any fixes?

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org