Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:43:53 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP modem installation

Mark Ovens wrote:

> gkaplan wrote:
> >
> > changed /etc/remote to include the line
> > usr:dv=dev/cuaa1:br#115200:pa=none:
>              ^^^^^
> I haven't set up a modem like this (I use PPP), however I imagine it's
> similar. cuaa1 is sio0. Your modem is sio4, which is cuaa5.
                                                       ^^^^^

Doh!, typo. That should read cuaa4. Sorry

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

           My homepage http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~markov
Mark Ovens, CNC Apps Engineer,   |    mailto:marko@uk.radan.com
Radan Computational Ltd          |         http://www.radan.com
Bath, England. CAD/CAM solutions | FreeBSD - The Power To Serve
for the Sheetmetal Work industry.|       http://www.freebsd.org