Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 20:36:59 -0500
From:      Robert Gallimore <yhiannah@itlnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   skills, etc.

Well, I got FreeBSD installed and running perfectly. It's been a blast.
Hard but worthwhile. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with my
questions. Anyway, I have one last question for anyone who is a computer
proffessional. I am a computer science major in my first year of study.
Does anyone have any info about what to do to prepare myself for the job
market? Any suggestions on what I should focus attention on? We dont
really have much in the way of UNIX, but they do have a lot of windoze
stuff. For instance, C++ programming is done on Vis. C++ 6.0.
Personally, I just write the program on FreeBSD and then port it. But if
anyone has any advice for a "budding" computer scientist, I would sure
appreciate it. Thanks!

Robert Gallimore