Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:07:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        mcgovern@spoon.beta.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving CD audio data around with HP 4020i

> I don't know. How the gear software works is that you sample each song
> into a file on the HD then build a disk from that. There is no CD to
> CD-R duplication.

That's not actually a factor so much as is the inter-song gap that's
*written*.  I have audio CDs which are *full*, and if you have writer
software which sticks a 2 second gap in between each song by default
then you're not going to be able to fit it all on there.  The
originals are mastered with far shorter gaps.

					Jordan