Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:59:20 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "alexus" <ml@db.nexgen.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: disable traceroute to my host

did u get my post about blackhole?

man blackhole
<snip>
     In the UDP instance, enabling blackhole behaviour turns off the sending
     of an ICMP port unreachable message in response to a UDP datagram which
     arrives on a port where there is no socket listening.  It must be noted
     that this behaviour will prevent remote systems from running
     traceroute(8) to your system.
<snip>

The following would enable the use of backhole of your system;
sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2
sysctl -w net.inet.udp.blackhole=1

The above would block *nix traceroutes using the udp method. Simply use ipfw
icmptype to block all MS attempts

Ryan