Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:42:22 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Michael Petry <petry@netwolf.NetMasters.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes for Audio control on the bt848 code

>From The Desk Of Steve Passe :
> Hi,
>
> I've received 2 or 3 reports of success, no failures, so I just committed
> the latest patches for sound control to the bt848 driver. Thanx
> Michael!

Yeap, I am very happy with the cooperation of the group . It is getting
better and better 8)

The sound control is working great over here!

---
Looking a little bit ahead .

1. I see the tuner code being separated by a minor device .

2. Will try to turn bt848 into a loadable module. Just posted to hackers
   on whether we can allocate a large contiguous memory segment at runtime
   and it looks like it may be possible most of the times . You will have
   to be running 3.0-current for this method to work. Worst possible
   scenario is that it may require a single reboot and load the module
   as one  the first things that the kernel does when is up.

3. Maybe a motif client . I have not tried this out yet however it
   looks promising:
----