Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:54:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        wblock@wonkity.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-Link DWL-650 At OfficeMax

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0207211240500.82690-100000@wonkity.com>
            Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> writes:
: The D-Link DWL-650 is on sale for $39.95 at my local OfficeMax, the
: catch being that they're out of stock but can be ordered.

:-).  They are in stock at my local office max.

: From what I've gathered, the DWL-650 is a Prism2 802.11b card that works
: fine on any of the recent releases of FreeBSD, although it has a
: relatively weak antenna.  There is some question on firmware updates and
: whether the card's keyed shape matches the appropriate 3.3V or 5V slot.

Firmware should be able to flashed no problem.  The '650 that I have
is definitely 5.0V card.  I've updated the '650 from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3
w/o a hitch.  Don't know if I can further upgrade it to, say, 1.4.2
which just came out or not.

Warner