Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:18:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting /usr/ports everywhere...

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
> I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I'm wondering whether or
> not 2.2 might be a good time to unleash /usr/ports as a distribution
> tarball as part of the release.

[ Adding everything but the 'dists' ]
> Comments?  Partially fermented fruit?

I like it.  However, I suspect if you do this you're going to get people
who complain that it doesn't work because the distribution got upgraded
from the time 'we' built the port and the time they get around to making
it.  But, it's better than nothing.

As an avid anti-bloatis I don't see this as 'bloat'. :) :)

Nate