Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:53:36 +0300
From:      vladone <vladone@spaingsm.com>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   ping that grow when download some files

Hi!
I have an freebsd(5.4) router that act as router, between my network and
internet. I use ipfw+dummynet for traffic shaping.
I see when i downloading some files, ping to server grow about 2500ms.
When i stop downloading (i testing with ftp and torrent client,
bitcomet, ping is normaly,  about 8ms.
where is the problem?
Second question is about mask that is used in dummynet.
For shaping to/from a single host how is corect to use: 0xffffffff or
0x000000ff. My intuition is to use second variant, but i see and first
vrsion. I read some material that interpret 0x000000ff like
255.255.255.0. I this case when is posibil to use 0xffffffff?