Date:      Tue, 8 May 2018 10:14:28 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current state of Intel support

On 05/08/18 10:01, Zane C. B-H. wrote:
> I am curious, where are we at on 11 stable when it comes to support for
> newer Intel chipsets? Just wondering how usable X is when it comes to
> x5-Z8350 Cherry trail or the like.

Hi!
I don't know the exact details, but the graphics/drm-stable-kmod and
graphics/drm-next-kmod ports provides support for intel graphics (and
AMD) on 11 stable and the upcoming release.  This corresponds to linux
kernel 4.9 and 4.11 support, respectively.  You can try either of those.
Regards
--
Niclas