Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:51:31 -0400
From:      Stuart Quimby <stuq@dstoys.com>
To:        FreeBSD Laptoppers <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   working the bugs out of a Sony GRX650 - interrupts and the sound card

Hi all,

I'm running  4.9-RELEASE on my lapper and have been trying for over a year to
get the sound card running properly.  I'm probably 'medium' level in my OS
skills, so there may be something basic that I'm missing.

Dmesg reports the following on the card:
pcm0: <Intel ICH3 (82801CA)> port 0x18c0-0x18ff,0x1c00-0x1cff irq 9 at device
31.5 on pci0
pcm0: <Yamaha YMF753 AC97 Codec>

I have the same behavior I've heard others mention on this list: the sound
works fine as long as I wiggle the mouse - presumably this is generating
enough interrupts to keep the sound steady.

I've tried both Intel ICH and the generic snd_driver and get identical (bad)
results.

Anyone have this model and get it running properly?

Thanks.

--

Stuart Quimby
Pres. Design Science Toys, Ltd.