Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 00:47:07 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Vladimir N.Silyaev" <vns@delta.odessa.ua>
To:        lists@tar.com
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux threads binary

Hi!

> Thanks.  Johan Larsson also provided me with the compiled examples.
>
> I can get all the examples to run in emulation emulation mode,
> apparently correctly, with one exception.  ex4 appears to hang
> on exit (no coredump), requiring a Ctrl-c to finally end it.
> ex4 does a pthread_exit on the main thread, so I'm still looking
> at how our FreeBSD patches handle exit and wait processing.
>
> When I can isolate the problem with ex4, I'll post the patches
> to make linux threads work.
It's great.

Are you realy ready for some more complicated tests?
If you are ready, the next is for you.

Some preambule:

In the NET exist the project ACE (Adaptive Communication Environment).
The home of this project is a http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html.
This project is a C++ library which actualy active used threads in
its core. The library is a free software whose available in
source code with very friendly copyright.

This library well tested for Linux platform (its has been
ported on the FreeBSD too). The tests program from this library and
sample applications may be rich source of small testing applications
for the testing suite for FreeBSD linuxthreads emulation code.

The some binary from this library now available at the
http://www.altern.org/cbah/linuxthreads/README - Some comments
http://www.altern.org/cbah/linuxthreads/acelib.tar.gz - core library and libstdc
++
http://www.altern.org/cbah/linuxthreads/acetests.tar.gz - test suite from librar