Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 04:22:21 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Joaquin Menchaca <linuxuser@finnovative.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP: Not sure where to go after installation

Joaquin Menchaca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just went to through the installation of FreeBSD 5.3 (i386) on my
> VIA PD10000 system.  After going through the installation,
> applicaitions selections and extra packages, and configuration, I am
> brought back to the initial installation screen.
>
> What do I do at this point?  Do I just reboot.  This seems awkward.

yea sorta, exit sysinstall and then it will ask if you want to shutdown
and reboot.

> Also, is X-Windows working.  I went through a mouse configuration
> part, but never went into any type of X-Windows configuration part.
> Do I have  X-Windows?

You can call it X, X11, X11R6, X Window System, etc. but never call it
"X Windows", Anyways... The X configuration part was taken out of
sysinstall. I don't know if you installed X (you'd know if you did
though) but to set it up you can run "Xorg -configure" and do what it
says. Read chapter 5 of the FreeBSD handbook (at least read sections;
5.2, 5.4, and 5.7) for more info:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html