Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:11:07 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        yokota@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Andrew Reilly <andrew@lake.com.au>, Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Subject:   Re: GGI

On 09-Mar-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>  Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the FAQ, they don't
>  support 3Dfx/Voodoo2 stuff?  I would have thought that those would have
>  been the first ones that they would have concentrated on, considering how
>  big they appear to be...?
Well, a 3dfx card is a _bad_ 2D performer.. Thats why they work in conjunction with a
normal 2D card..

Also a 3dfx card doesn't actually support that much of the OpenGL API, and for Mesa at
least, once you wander off and do something that isn't possible in hardware, its forced
to switch entirely to software which is slooooow.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum