Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:23:09 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] ZFS feature flag support for 9-STABLE

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> ZFS feature flag support is ready to be merged to 9-STABLE.
>> The scheduled merge date is short after 9.1-RELEASE.
>>
>> Early adopters can test new features by applying the following patch
>> (stable/9 r241135):
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/9-stable-zfs-features.patch.gz
>>
>> Steps to apply to a clean checked-out source:
>> cd /path/to/src
>> patch -p0 < /path/to/9-stable-zfs-features.patch
>>
>> Alternatively you can download pre-compiled mfsBSD images for testing:
>>
>> Standard edition (amd64):
>> http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/files/testing/9-stable-zfs-features.iso
>>
>> Special edition with installation file (amd64):
>> http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/files/testing/9-stable-se-zfs-features.iso
>>
>> Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
>
> THANK YOU!!  :)
>
> Patch applied cleanly to source tree updated a few minutes ago.
> Buildworld in progress.  I'll let you know if we run into any issues.

Everything compiled and installed correctly.  System booted correctly.
 Pool upgraded correctly.

Was quite interesting to watch a "zfs destroy -v" in one terminal with
the output of "zfs list -t all -r" of the same filesystem.  Destroy
output was always at least 15-20 snapshots ahead of the list.

Was able to import the pool successfully, whereas before I could not
as it would sit there destroying the filesystem in the foreground.

Mucho Gracias!!!

This fixes the last major "issue" we had with ZFS on our storage boxes.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com