Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:28:08 -0500
From:      pyu@norman.carswell.com (Patrick H.K. Yu)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with pnp modem

Found the following in the questions mailing list.

>On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Doug White wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, . wrote:
>>
>> > I have a SupraExpress 336i PNP ISA modem and am trying to install
>freebsd
>> > through FTP.
>> >
>> > Freebsd refuses to recognize my modem...
>>
>> SupraExpress modems are a proprietary system and are not compatible with
>> anything except ComIt, last I remember.
>
>The SupraExpress modems *will* work with FreeBSD if you install the PnP
>patches.  They are at:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/~smpatel/FreeBSD-ISA_PnP_June8.tar.gz
>Sujal

I'm trying to install  2.2-RELEASE via a ppp connection and the boot floopy
doesn't recognize my Supra PnP modem.  Does anyone have a boot floopy
that already contains the PnP patch ?  Or do I need to somehow boot
DOS or Windows to set the IRQ of the modem and then do a warm boot
into FreeBSD ?

Thanks,  please also carbon-copy replies to address  pyu@psepd.carswell.com
Patrick.