Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:43:27 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Countryman" <sean@rackoperations.com>
To:        "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <dirkx@webweaving.org>, "Moti Levy" <moti@flncs.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: isp control panel ?

Please do not even consider using PLESK.  I used to work tech support at a
company that offered plesk as their primary solution for v-hosting.  It was
a nightmare.  Plesk is very short on features, difficult to maintain, and
embeds itself so deeply into the system that you can't even edit files
manually anymore unless you happen to know the undocumented secrets of plesk
(e.g. the httpd.conf file is re-written from the plesk mysql database daily,
so you can't make manual changes to it unless you edit the datbase tables
and know their structure).

If you want a really nice control panel solution, look at cPanel.  It is
probably the best one I've used.  I've got a current client that I admin for
using cPanel and it's a dream.  I can do nearly anything he needs in a
couple of clicks of the web interface (and he pays me money to do it :-) !

Good Luck

Sean