Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:15:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        LaForgery <LaForgery@email.msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: external modem setup

There's lots of info on ppp at www.freebsd.org:

  http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/index.html

Almost too much. :)  Specific to dialing out:

  http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/c274.html

And of course:

  % man ppp

For chmod, try the chmod manpage:

  % man chmod

Most basically, 'nix files have separate privileges for reading, writing,
and executing (and other gunk), and these can be set differently for the
owner, group, and "everyone else". Chmod just sets the bits associated
with those various components.

Dave