Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:42:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        j_mini@efn.org (Jonathan Mini)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Screen savers for syscons....

>   Lately I've been running FreeBSD 2.1.5-R with a MDA/Herc monitor, and
> I've been slowly getting annoyed at the screen savers (or lack thereof)
> for FreeBSD. Currently, I have to turn my monitor off, since the screen
> savers supplied with FreeBSD won't work on my MDA adapter. Is it jsut me
> or do they only work on VGA displays? (I haven't tried using an EGA
> display) If the screen savers only work on VGA displays, they should at least
> take advantage of the graphics device available.

There is a guy who has made AfterDark(tm) modules run on FreeBSD.  I
have an alpha copy of his code somewhere that I could dig up (but I
would then be unable to give it to you directly).

It seems to me that this is the approach you'd want to take anyway.  I've
had "Spock and the Horta" on my FreeBSD box at home for about  year now.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.