Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 13:55:48 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        marcus@redcentre.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Viewing Apache log files

Hi,

You should be able to do something like that with analogue
(http://www.analog.cx/) or webalizer (http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/).

They will generate the usage stats, you'll have to find a way to integrate
them into the web sites. Some ISP's that provide stats like these, have
a separate server running that serves the stats and control access to this
server.

Generating the reports on the server that is doing the hosting is probably
not a good idea as it might impact on the performance.

I don't know of anything that does this out the box though. Not that I've
ever used any of these tools myself.

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:39:30PM +1000, marcus@redcentre.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wondering if anybody has a good solution for enabling users to
> view Apache logs for their web site (running on a virtual server) -
> maybe a web page with some sort of login?
>
> thanks in anticipation,
>

> Marcus
> Unix Systems Administrator
>
> +61 3 9873 0155
> +61 3 9720 7467 (fax)

Best Regards
Willem Brown
--
 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

Finagle's Creed:
	Science is true.  Don't be misled by facts.