Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:14:16 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        Jeff Gray <jwgray@netbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: palm pilot hotsync

My preference is simply pilot-link which is a pile of Perl scripts if
memory serves.  Simple command line utils to move thing to and from.

Of the GUI options, as of a few months back <maybe six or so>
pilot-manager was the most reliable/useable IMO.  Though I really only
needed backup and install capabilities, I never actually tried any app
integration at all.

They are all relatively small builds, I'd say play with them all and see
what feels right for you.  Do a backup with a known method first of
course.

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 04:36:02PM -0700, Jeff Gray wrote:
> Hi,
> A search of the archives indicates that this has not be discussed
> recently or answered in the past :-)
>
> Just got a new toy, Palm Vx
>   Not anxious to use NT or Mac for this.
>
> Running 4.0 and see in the ports several choices including kpilot {KDE
> is my preference}   On Freshmeat I find PilotManager.
>
> -sucess or failure with either or both?
> -testimonials for either or advice to run to a more well developed set
> of tools?
>
> My main usage will be for calendar, address book and Omnisky service
> with their modem.
>
> Thanks
> jeff

---end quoted text---