Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:38:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cache manager <cache@scnc.jps.k12.mi.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   group rights

My problem is this : I want to allow a user to execute
a file normally owned by root. I hope to have the user do all this from
a shell batch file.
I want them to be able to restart squid after they have changed a config
file. I have created a group localadmins and added the user to the group
localadmins I then chown :localadmins squid
and now the group localadmins own squid. When I log on as this user and
try to restart squid it fails I have fooled around with permissions even
assigned 777 to squid with no luck.
Any suggestions would be helpfull I have searched the archives and man
group. What am I missing?
Steve Devine
Jackson Public Schools