Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:44:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-19990311-SNAP bootblock install weirdness

I had the same problem.. I had to reinstal the old booteazy off a backup
before my system would boot again.

I have booteasy on dsk0, and used fdisk -b on dsk1 after installing hte
new bootblocks (3stage). It stopped booting and nothing I could do woul
dmake it boot till I manufactured a new booteasy block by concattinating
the booteasy code from dsk0 and the MBR table from dsk1 (by hand).

root is on da1sd1a and it all worked fine (and now again) with the old
booteasy code on both disks. ( replace the booteasy code on da1 because
there si no choice there and wanted  silent bootblock..

julian