Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:53:03 +0100
From:      Alan Ogilvie <alano@dai.ed.ac.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   JAZ drive considerations...?

I have a 486DX4 which I am considering to have as:

My main Hard Disc 1.2Gb mainly for Windows 95 (euch, but I have to).
An Iomega JAZ drive (2Gb) with cartridge containing FreeBSD operating
system (and such like).

I would make a floppy boot disk so that I can bootup in linux (is this
possible?). But then will I be able to read from the JAZ drive, which is
internal on IDE?

I'm also a bit unsure of the installation procedure. I've been looking
at src.doc.ic.ac.uk computing/operating-systems/unix/FreeBSD/ but it all
looks a bit confusing. Can you explain this a bit more generally - if I
download a copy from here where do I 'put' it to install it?

Thanks.

:Alan Ogilvie : A.T.Ogilvie@ed.ac.uk                         (Personal):
:WWW Page/s   : http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~alan/            (Personal):
"Some men see things as they are and say 'why?' I dream things that
never were and say 'why not?'"                 [Robert F.Kennedy (attr)]