Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 13:07:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bob <bob@otherspace.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bjg@netacc.net
Subject:   icmpinfo

Greetings.
I have been having some difficulty with icmpinfo1.11 under FreeBSD. If i
ping myself, from my own console or an x-term, it reports the pings as it
should, ie: ping localhost, or ping my.address.net  both work.
However, if I ping myself from another host on the internet, the thing
just sits there, silent. It's started with " icmpinfo -svv ", as root.

The firewall logging facility can and does pick up the traffic, and the
host I'm pinging myself from gets answers.

Also, version 1.10 works nicely under linux, so I don't think it's the
icmpinfo porgram..

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

- Bob