Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 14:31:23 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        dburr@POBoxes.com (Donald Burr)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions), freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD SCSI)
Subject:   Re: "El Torrito" (bootable CD-ROM), how to use it?

As Donald Burr wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what (if anything) I am doing wrong here?  Please
> e-mail me if possible.  Thanks in advance!

Complain at Adaptec.  That's still in their area if it hangs that
early.

Btw., i've found BIOS rev 1.23 to be the last stable revision
regarding El Torito (even though a number of El Torito features are
missing that have supposed to be fixed in 1.25 or higher).  So it
wouldn't surprise me to see that they've broken more than the extended
BIOS int 0x13 support.

El Torito is already a large pile of sh*t, but the BIOS vendor imple-
mentations of it seem to be even crappier.

--
cheers, J"org