Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:55:22 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre@akademie3000.de>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, andre@akademie3000.de
Subject:   Re: Odd errors starting Xircom RealPort

On Tue, 27-Mar-2001 at 11:02:15 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Since about the time of the creation of 4.2-BETA I have been getting
> odd messages when I start my Xircom RealPort 10/100 Ethernet card. I
> get the same when I do a dumpcis. The card is still running fine.
>
> Is this a problem or can it be suppressed? It is probably just an
> annoyance.

I get also the 136/138 messages when using my Xircom CM-56G modem card.
I sent an email regarding this to this list a few days ago (I hope it
made it through since there seem to have been some problems with my
subscription for the FreeBSD lists).

I also believe that these messages started to appear a while ago; using
4.2-STABLE I never saw them. Similar messages appear when using the
Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 Mobile Adapter. However, with a 3Com
Etherlink III 3C589D I haven't seen them yet.

Kevin, in case you have already got some replies regarding this subject,
could you please foward them to me? As I said, I had been unsubscribed
from the FreeBSD lists, but I am very interested in answers regarding
this subject.

Thanks,

	-Andre