Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 11:20:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        green@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ether_crc32_[bl]e()

In message: <20040531164514.GA7776@green.homeunix.org>
            Brian Feldman <green@freebsd.org> writes:
: On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 06:42:11PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
: > NetBSD and OpenBSD have two helper functions in if_ethersubr.c
: >
: > ether_crc32_le(const u_int8_t *buf, size_t len)
: > ether_crc32_be(const u_int8_t *buf, size_t len)
: > [...]
: > The patch below adds the functions to if_ethersubr.c and, as an
: > example, switches re(4) to make use of this.
: >
: > 1. Do we want this?
:
: Yeah :)

I think so too.  I had something like this on my list after I found a
very badly implemented big endian crc routine whose provenance was in
question.  So this is excellent timing.

: I'm not sure if
: it is a style bug to perpetuate BSD u_intsize_t when uintsize_t is
: standardized and available as well.

I'd say that it is, since style(9) says we're moving towards that as
well.

Warner