Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:39:14 +0100
From:      Kristof Provost <kp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
Cc:        dev-commits-src-main@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, bz@freebsd.org, zec@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netinet & netpfil tests failing

On 18 Jan 2022, at 3:07, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> * Another factor - scapy.  The python scapy library would emit warning =
to stderr
>   if it sees interface without any IP address.  This happens right at '=
import scapy'.
>   The test suite considers a test failed if it has something on stderr,=
 even if
>   it returned success.
>
> So, result is that some test (absolutely unrelated to pcbs) leaves a ja=
il with
> interfaces, then jail is released, interfaced pop up at vnet0, and then=
 some
> other test (absolutely unrelated to pcbs) using scapy writes a warning =
to stderr
> and triggers failure.

Several of the pf scapy scripts deal with that issue by setting the scapy=
 log level:
https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/tree/tests/sys/netpfil/pf/CVE-2019-5597.py#n=
30

So that part at least we could probably mitigate easily.

(I=E2=80=99m not overly fond of that decision in scapy, but didn=E2=80=99=
t want to resort to patching scapy to cope with our fairly specific requi=
rements.)

Kristof