Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 16:55:44 -0400
From:      "The Jetman" <jetman516@hotmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Mobile" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can the WMP11 Work w/ 4.5-RELEASE ?

    Folks:  I found a recent set of patches in the mail list archive that
support the Linksys WMP11.  Can these patches be applied to 4.5-RELEASE
against the appropriate files and if so, how and where would one d/l the
just those patches in their native (ie. untranslated, no =<hex>) form ?

    The alternative is to d/l a 4.x-STABLE (the presumption is that -STABLE
has the desired driver) onto the 4.5-RELEASE and rebild the entire system.
I've been using 4.5-RELEASE for a while now and I'm pretty comfortable w/ it,
recompiling the kernel, and configuring it for our use in our own office as IP
gateway/firewall and file server.  Is -STABLE really good (ie. stable) enuf
that I could deploy it in a client's office and walk away from it (so to
speak) ?  I'm pretty sure it is, bec I've seen nothing but success since
jumping into the FreeBSD pool, but I'll ask bef I try it for the 1st time.

    TIA, as always....Jet

===============  From the desk of Jethro Wright, III  ================
+  It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a  +
+  warning to others.                                                +
===  jetman516@hotmail.com  ===============================  Anon  ===