Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:51:44 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Alexandre Bouchard <rolivawdaneel@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video card sucks, problems installing X11

this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 31 20:32 -0400,
sent by Alexandre Bouchard

> I am trying to install X11 on a bsd v4.3 stable
>
> It does not work:
>
> hardware list: ATI Mach64 AGP Onboard (IBM aptiva type 2139)
>                96 mb RAM ...blablabla
>
> XF86Setup starts in VGA16 for the setup, it works, but once I set the video
> card to ATI Mach64, when trying to test the server, it does not start.
>
> I tried startx with the config even if the server was not correct, it
> continues to piss me with: No video mode found
>
> and it adds something like: 0:0 broken stuff
>
> Is there known incompatibilities with my card ? :(

i used to use XFree86 3.3.x for my ati mach64 card, some mach64
driver, in ibm aptiva 2137e26 machine along w/ freebsd 3.4-release
to 3-stable w/o any problems in svga resolution...

sorry config file has been lost since i started using XF86 4.x for ati
rage 128 mobility chip.