Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:24:37 -0400
From:      "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        <dev@porting.openoffice.org>, <openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG>, <kan@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [porting-dev] FreeBSD: Uncatched exception problem

Hi Martin,

That's good.  It shows the stack walkback found that routine and that the
throw from within the same share library is broken somehow (we won't need
two shared libs to recerate the problem).

Now let's try one more thing.

Remove the "throw" specificier from the definition of
queryTypebyDescriptor()  and  then change the catch in

framework/source/dispatch/basedispatcher.cxx in the routine:

 BaseDispatcher::implts_detectType( const css::util::URL&
aURL        , css::uno::Sequence< css::beans::PropertyValue >& lDescriptor
, sal_Bool   bDeep       )

To use ( ... ) so that it catches everything.

Then try it one more time.

If that doesn't work, try changing the newly added throw in
queryTypeByDescriptor to explicitly throw a Runtime exception and not a
wrappered exception to see if that gets caught up one level.

Please let me know what you find.

Kevin