Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:31:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Riscom/8 multi-port serial cards

I notice that we have a driver for the ISA Riscom/8 multi-port serial card
produced, I believe, by SDL in the mid-nineties.  I have two of these
cards, originally used with BSD/OS in 1994, and have been wondering about
using them with FreeBSD.  Unfortunately (and the reason this goes to -chat
not -somethingelse), I don't have the manuals.  The jumpers for IRQ
selection are easily understandable, but the DIP switches to select things
like I/O ports are not labeled.  I attempted to contact SBS, the current
owners of what used to be SDL, and they appear no longer to have the
documentation, although they did me a manual from the T1 card they
produced at the same time.

I was wondering if anyone had access to documentation for these cards, or
at least had an idea what each DIP switch actually set :-).  Since I have
two, I'd like to know what the I/O ports are set to, and if various other
card settings are correct.  I also wouldn't mind learning if anyone knows
if the device driver even still works -- it probably should be moved out
of i386/isa if it does.