Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:04:00 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Procedure to compile a system patch

Hello list;

I have a patch file for contrib/ipfilter/tools/ippool.c

I have never compiled the base system source so have no idea about how
to do this. I only want to compile the things necessary to apply this
patch, not the whole system or even the just the kernel.

I used this svn command to download just the necessary source

svnlite co svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/11.0/contrib/ipfilter/tools
/usr/src/contrib/ipfilter/tools

Then I patched ippool.c

Now I am stuck. What command do I enter to compile ippool.c to get an
updated /sbin/ippool executable module?